Monday, July 22, 2013

As Cute As A Button by Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

Happy Monday morning everyone! Can someone hand me some coffee - stat!!! 
Are we all ready to face another week??? 
Don't panic - just another four days and the weekend will be here again. 


 "AS CUTE AS A BUTTON"
Today I am sharing a "quick and simple" layout with you. More often than not, my layouts are filled with layers and details - and to be honest, it does take a few hours of work to get the finished product. But occasionally, I decide to keep it simple - and FUN!!! 


I used lots of tickets and kraft tags as the base for this layout. I cut them to varying lengths, keeping all the cut-offs, and added them to the layout. Then, I built the layout up from there. 


I also threw in a few fabric buttons, a crochet doily, a couple of flair buttons, and a resin flower. Yeah, I know - I seem to have a bit of a "polka dot" addiction is this layout. I couldn't help myself - the papers and buttons just worked so well together. 


And I finished with a wooden button (tied with a piece of twine) as part of my title. Cute isn't it! :-)
Materials Used: Crate Paper "The Pier"; Making Memories felt alphabet; Sasafrass flowers; October Afternoon mini alpha stickers; Martha Stewart punch. 

Thanks for stopping by and joining us here today. 
Don't forget to come back tomorrow to check out some more inspiration from the team. Or better still, why not join in the fun with the Purple Pumpkin July sketch - we are looking for a guest designer, and it could be you!!!

Cheers, x
Julianne

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I love this layout and sometimes I think less is more, beautiful job.

Elaine coustley said...

Just so beautiful love the colours & all pp goodness. x