Saturday, May 18, 2013

"Spring has sprung" - Vicky Varvadouka


"Spring Has Sprung"

This layout was made for "Scrapbook magazine" and it had the theme
"Spring". In my part of the world, spring has sprung!!!

For this background, I have used some Scrapmatts chipboard butterflies
 as a mask and sprayed with various colours!! I cut the white cardstock about an inch (2cm) all around and placed it in the middle of the patterned paper. I placed a stencil and applied gesso over it. I sprayed and splashed here and there. I cut the paper into strips and created a banner. After that, I just placed the photos and started building the clusters around them!

Some tips:
1) When your patterned paper is too busy, use white cardstock to soften the colours of your composition! Don’t let the rest of your paper go wasted, cut off the middle piece that doesn’t show and use it to make photo mats or embellishments (like the banner for instance)
2) To attach the banner strips to the twine, fold the top over the twine and use a stapler.
3) Always paint your chipboard white before adding colour! It will show better!

4) If you don’t have a stencil, use your chipboard pieces as a mask like I did with the butterfly

5) If you don’t have a spatula, use an old credit card.






Thanks for visiting!
Enjoy the weekend!!

2 comments:

apapelouca.blogspot.com said...

gorgeous

Elaine coustley said...

Beautiful beautiful love all the layers & flowers. I would like to say we had Spring but it's a few days off Winter here. We seem to have a long Winter i do not like it very much. x