Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hi, Sarah here :)

Brrrr its freezing cold here in NZ this morning - great weather to stay indoors and craft (I wish) but my daughter has her school cross country event today so I will be standing in the cold cheering her on. I should get some good photos anyway :)
I have a girlie page to share this morning. Over at 'Scrap the Girls' the current challenge is a quote. Here is my page - full of Purple Pumpkin goodies!


I used my spray inks and new 'Dylusions' (Ranger) mask  for the background. I love making my own 'arty backgrounds' with inks, masks and stencils. The gorgeous yellow and denim flower that I used as the focus for my embellishments is ofcourse from Purple Pumpkin. I pulled it apart to remove the smaller flower and little button from the centre. I replaced these with a larger blue spotty PP button and used the little yellow flower on the corner of my other photo to balance out my page. I used the green PP tickets to emphasise my title - I have a Tim Holtz ticket stamp (designed for the ranger ticket stamp set) that fits perfectly on these PP tickets too. The little green doily peeping out from behind my larger photo was a perfect colour match for my photos. I often cut my doilies in half to spread them out further - no use covering up something that pretty now is it??
Sorry I don't have any close up photos for you today - my camera battery died and I can't find the charger (the joys of having sticky fingered toddlers around the place!!). Instead here is another page that I did this week using PP goodies. I have already put it up on my blog but if you haven't seen it here it is again :)


It is based on a sketch over at the challenge blog 'Sketches with a Twist'. The gorgeous denim flower is PP and ofcourse so is the green ticket and the bakers twine.
Have a great week everyone - wrap up warm and find some time to stay inside and create :) - Oh and don't forget the next PP sale this coming Friday!

3 comments:

Elaine coustley said...

Love your layouts.Bright & happy with lots of embelishments to look at. Everything is just beautiful.x

Anne P said...

Beautiful Layouts.

pooky said...

Hi Sarah:) Just found your blog and am now following! Love your layout!