Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sunshine and Lollipops - with Belinda

Hello Purple Pumpkin people!!

Belinda here today, running a little late because it was my baby's very first school visit this morning!! I am so not ready for him to go to school.

But enough about me...how about I spread a little sunshine starting with this first layout?...


...I wanted to give the impression of sunshine on this layout using palette #62 at The Color Room so what better embellishment than some Purple Pumpkin bright orange doilies!! They are so happy and sunny and even better I didn't have to alter them at all as they worked so beautifully with the colours I wanted to use. I have used a mini doily with a regular old button just off to the side as well as a larger doily. The larger doily has a couple of layers of diecut pattern paper on top and then the most perfect PP button on top of that.

Here are some close ups...



...And now for some lollipops!!...


...On this layout I created using the Handmade By Suzanne June Sketch, I have used a pink satin lollipop with black and white spotty button on top. I really wanted to use this particular lollipop because it is so darn pretty and also it matched my colour palette perfectly. However, it was just that teeny bit too large for the space I had to fill. So I simply removed the top few layers from the bottom and ...TA DA!!! ...perfect fit!! I also used some pink and white twine which I coiled and wound along the top of my banner. Can you tell how much I love this twine?? It is really easy to attach to your page too with some strategically positioned staples or tucked in and taped down behind a banner.

...here's a couple of close ups...



...and now for a card...


...Remember how I used just the top couple of layers of the lollipop flower on the last layout?? Well "waste not, want not" I have used the bottom layers of that lollipop on this card and topped them with a larger pink and white button. I then squeezed some Helmar 450 around the edge of the button and wound around a little pearl trim to make a whole new lollipop. Pretty cool huh??

...and just one more card!!...


...For this one I wanted to use the pretty pink and yellow spotty button topped felt flower. It just happened to fit perfectly in the middle of my circle stamp which I had applied onto some transparency and cut out. I then created layers of cardstock and pattern paper underneath using Spellbinders Doily Die Cuts and a scallop circle punch. I had a little cupcake topper in my stash (that's the little pink fairy) so I added that too with some pink and white twine tied around it in a bow.

...Well that's all from me today...

Thankyou so much for stopping by the Purple Pumpkin blog. I hope you have been inspired to get out your PP goddies and start creating!!

Have a great day.
Belinda :-)

6 comments:

Sar said...

Wow Bel, you always do such beautiful work. xx

Unknown said...

Totally agree with Sar's comment...you do such amazing and inspirational work Belinda...!! :))xx

Alanna said...

Gorgeous LOs Belinda, love those cards too. How'd you get the big paint splodge on the first LO? Looks good!

Lacee broyles said...

All of these are gorgeous!!! Beautiful designs, but the pink and kraft layout is my fav!! Well done!!

Belinda said...

Hi Alanna. I got the splodge on the LO by holding the page upright while spraying some Pumpkin Pie Glimmermist with the nozzle really close to the page. Then I just let it drip down the page. :-))
Thanks for your lovely comments girls!!

Hayles said...

Gorgeous work yet again Belinda, Love your Funny face layout, it's beautiful!!