Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just a little bit girly!!

Happy Saturday :))
Hope you are all having a fab start to your weekend !!

Well I just wanted to share with you an OTP project that I have been working on and can now share with you.  I made this little album as a gift for my mother-in-laws birthday.  The album is just a collection of memories of the time they 1st came to visit us (last September) after we moved from Brisbane to Emerald.

Each page has something girly from PURPLE PUMPKIN!! Not often I get to do pink, so I really enjoyed it for a change!

Oh except the first page, but I will show you that anyway... :)


Using some twine which its perfect for threading little charms through..not sure if you can see that tho...


A little owl button up the top on the end of the banner....


A cute little Oriental girl button tucked in near the flower :))


Okay so this one is not really girly, but I adore these cute little spotty buttons...


A pink butterfly button up the top and a gorgeous fabric lollipop flower!


Here I used a light pink Layered Vintage Chenille Lollipop Flower which I misted over with a darker colour pink mist and sat a little pink owl button next to it...


And lastly, a little hedgehog button in amongst my cluster....


So there you have it...handmade items like these always make your project that much more special :)))

Next I thought I would share with you a layout I did for Colour Combo's Galore a couple of weeks ago now...man where does the time go hey!...


Using this adorable bird button which I just slightly inked the edges...

Hope you have enjoyed looking at these and feel inspired to use your Purple Pumpkin stash.  Don't forget the sketch challenge.  Its great to see lots have already joined in.  All details can be found on the side bar.

Till next time...have a great weekend :))
Melinda xx

5 comments:

Belinda said...

Ooooh more stunning inspiration. Love the idea of threading charms onto the twine. Beautiful work Min!!! Thanks for sharing. :-)

Cocoadiculum said...

Its super sweet, the girly-ness [:

Hayles said...

Wow, you amaze me everytime!! Your CCG layout is FAB!!

Sara said...

This is stunning Min, I absolutely love it.

Susan said...

Your album is AMAZING!! Such beautiful details.